Friday, May 06, 2005

Let's schvitz!

Last week I struggled a bit with the conundrum of how to celebrate the Fete des Meres over the weekend, seeing as, most unusually, my very own Mere was going to be present in person for the Fete. Then I had this idea: a schvitz! This is an old new york tradition, basically a public bathhouse with a full menu of sauna-like personal hygiene experiences. Here is a lively description of the social aspects of the schvitz.

I know Mom was really tempted, but in the end her lack of a bathing suit prohibited her from accepting. But I will have an opportunity to schvitz after all, as it turns out. Ricki and I are treating our friend Kate, who will be getting married this summer, to a schvitz on Thursday, a bachelorette party of sorts. I'll let you know how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home