Sunday, October 30, 2005

Salty San Francisco

After several weeks of phone tech support and three visits from Cablevision technicians, our home Internet is functioning again. Probably not for long though! I can hardly believe how manipulable this high-speed service is. I'm about to go back to dial-up. But while it's operational, let me share the rest of the pictures from the west coast trip, which have been languishing on my laptop for the past month.

From the plane we saw this amazing thing:

IMG_5094

Which turned out to be salt evaporation ponds in San Francisco bay, just next to the airport. Click on the picture for more images.

And here's a summary of the other days we spent in the city, mostly in the company of my friend Ann, who shares my fondness for great bluegrass/folk music and has the lightest, zippiest bicycle I've encountered.

IMG_5101

The weirdness of the San Francisco fog really lived up to our expectations. As we cycled across the Golden Gate, the bridge kept disappearing and reappearing in front of us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home