Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Strike 1! Strike 2! ...

75923649_74aafb5fe6
(picture courtesy of unklemunki)

I like a walk across the Brklyn Bridge as much as the next person, but still! For full disclosure, I haven't actually walked any bridges in the past two days, but after an excruciating one-hour bridge traverse last night in a car, I might be ready to try it tonight. As we inched along last night I could see the stream of pedestrians far outpacing us. This morning I'm equipped with a great pair of thick-soled, quilted winter boots, some of those skilift-type handwarmers, woolly trousers.

I observed that the streets seem even more congested this morning than yesterday. Maybe because people can postpone responsibilities (like jobs! & holiday shopping!) for one day, with the idea that this strike is a one-day affair, but now feel no certainty that it will end soon??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home