Tuesday, March 08, 2005

moving about

I am sorry as to how brief this will be. I have accepted a new job. I will now be working in Senator Lisa Murkowski's office. She is the junior senator from Alaska. I suppose I have really thrown in my lot with that state. My new job will be helping that office handle mail correspondance. It is not glamorous. In time I should be able to help with issues, which they told me. Hopefully I will be able to work with Foreign Relations. She is on that committee. I expressed my desire to work in that field during the interview so hopefully they will keep me in mind. There is a decent pay increase. I believe that I came to DC to work on someone's staff, so I am excited, though also nervous. I will most more as the transition approaches and keep everyone up to date. Love, Andrew

2 Comments:

Blogger Papa, aka Don said...

Nice work Andrew! You seem to have some real skill at being an interviewee. Let's just not entertain any ideas about moving to Alaska, however.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I like how you say "moving about"; about is such an ambiguous preposition. I see you're conscientiously avoiding the use of "out" (to the largest state in the Union!?!) or "up" (although there is happily a pay raise involved) or "in" although I think being on the hill sounds like an in thing. Congratulations! Newness can be fun.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home