Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Jimminy Kick-It

Well, my first kickball season and Christopher's final season as coach closed out yesterday. We had a great season. After starting off 0-3 we did not lose a single other game (one tie). At one point we went 30 straight innings (6 games) allowing only a single run.

Unfortunately, in the champioship game last night we were defeated 9-2. The other team had our number as we continued to struggle with offense. It was a terribly tragic day in my first year in Washington. I am hoping that it signals the low point in my string of bad luck here and things will start to look up. Christopher is preparing for his extensive travels in August. I am going to Sen. Pat Robert's daughter's wedding this Saturday (yes, the tux is ready) with Deborah so I hopefully can do some tactfull networking. Deborah's family is very close to the Senator's family.

On a different note, I must say that I am beginning to feel inferior on blog as I am the only one who is unable to post pictures. I feel like a children's book author who can't draw.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Poor kick-it-ters! But try to get yourself some ice cream somewhere--it does wonders for the mood in steamy July.

2:11 PM  
Blogger cwm said...

Yes, it was quite a sad game in the end. However, it was not as sad as Andrew spelling Jiminy Kick-It incorrectly. :)

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home