Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Scotland and Sudoku

Well. we're back from Scotland and the weather sure is different here in NJ. The weather was delightfully cool, although sometimes a little damp, during our two weeks in the Highlands. I was glad that I had packed that extra sweater!!!

Although not usually associated with Scotland, I discovered Sudoku puzzles (www.sudoku.com) while I was there. They appear daily in all the UK newspapers, right next to the crossword puzzle! Has anyone else ever heard of these things? They are great entertainment for airports and long plane flights!

3 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I haven't heard of Soduku! It sounds like an acronym for something. I might try downloading the little computer game on their website.

Welcome back to bikini weather. Show us Scotland pictures when you get a chance.

5:38 PM  
Blogger mombar said...

It's not an acronym. It's Japanese for something like "numbers in a line".

6:24 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I've just had one of those experiences where you hear about something new and then see it everywhere. I went to B & N this morning and there was an end-of-aisle display of new Sudoku books, one by Will Shortz (isn't he the Times crossword editor?)

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home