Monday, March 26, 2007

Guess What?

Hey family! Guess what? I am getting married. That's right, I proposed to Deborah and she said yes. Oh, what? That's old news? Okay.

I got a new job. For those of you that haven't heard, I am leaving the golf and retail industry and going through yet another ramping up period (immediate family already knows as they all recieved hurried and excited phone calls right after I accepted the offer).

I am the right hand man to the head of an office here in DC. This is my first full week and I am learning the ropes under the girl who is leaving. My job will be largely administrative to begin with, but I intend to make myself so valuable that the job will evolve later. I am really excited to be at a University, as I loved college. Deborah is ecstatic. We finally get to have evenings and weekends together. Unfortunately, I feel there are about to be some major renonvations in Deb's condo. Let me tell you how beautiful this return to 9-5 (that's right, a 35 hour work week) is. Tonight, I came home to a freshly made dinner and fun conversation. Then Deborah and I took a sunset drive to the driving range. AWESOME.

The job has some great benefits and I will be calling my father and Uncle Bill about my investment plans (I am thinking of a high cost fund that focuses on three to five stocks, preferrably in an emerging economy). There is a generous tuition plan, but that is further down the road after I have made myself indispensable to the Director . I feel that I am really on the path to enjoy myself and point myself in the career direction I want to go (international business/relations). Incidentally, this makes Deborah very happy as it is generally a longer term goal that will involve me staying in the same place for quiet awhile. I have goals and direction now and a lovely fiancee who respects and believes in them and me. During the interview process, two great things happened that were new to my life. First, I was offered the job on the spot by my new boss and second, I actually negotiated for a slightly better salary.

On a personal note, I am very sad that I do not have any toys with which to post more visually stunning posts. I think it is my inferiority complex that has kept me away, though I had to share the good news.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that while the news that I am in fact getting married is well know, here are some details. The wedding is going to be June 22nd, 2008. That is Sunday. The wedding will be held at Deborah's family's Temple, just outside of DC. The reception will be at her father's country club (close to the Temple) and will have a live band and dancing. In case I forget amongst all the festivities, the chuppa looks beautiful and a heartfelt thank you to all of the participating knitters.

10:25 AM  
Blogger mombar said...

Congratulations, Andrew, both on your engagement and on your new job. I hope you get to be indispensable as quickly as possible!

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home