Thursday, November 29, 2007

Bonjour !


I just would like to say how happy I am to enter the Maletz blog, and pretty soon the family (and the family address book)! Yes, yes, yes, I am extremely exited about our wedding :-)

My first contribution will be a funny picture from our engagement party ! Yes, I LOVE chocolate, and we all sure did eat a lot that night. My friend Alice was hosting the party at her place in Virginia. She also is a girl from the North of France, but we met here in DC. She just got married to a Sedwish-American guy, and... she is four months pregnant ! So she, unfortunately, won't be able to attend our wedding in March, but we will have someone to represent her "physically" as she is my bridemaid -in France, we do not make a difference between the maid of honor and bridemaids; we all call them "temoins" (litteraly "witnesses") and they are all on the same level. It's required to have at least two "temoins" at the church, but it could be more if wished. My second "temoin" will be my best friend Marie, whom I also met in DC even if she is from the North of France too ! The world is definitely small. For those attending the wedding, you will get the chance to see her super cute baby girl Chloe, who turned one last September. To close the subject about "temoins", we will have our "meeting" with our four "temoins" (Alice, Marie, Andrew and Steve) this Sunday. We are not sure yet what we are suppose to say exactly... The deacon, Xavier, who will marry us in France, will send us some guidelines. He is a very nice person, and we enjoy his flexibility, his modernity and his understanding. We are doing the religious preparation through emails and via Skype ! New technologies are indeed very useful and nice.

We, of course, will keep you posted about the wedding; and our website should be ready pretty soon. It will be a good occasion to practice your French a little bit ;-)... do not worry, it will be translated too.

Once again, I wish to tell you all through the blog how much happy I am to know you. I do and did appreciate the way you welcomed me into the family.

I look forward to sharing many, many more moments with you !

10 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Estelle, we are looking forward to celebrating with you! La Verrerie looks lovely. bis bis!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Papa, aka Don said...

Estelle, the delight is equal on our side. And we really look forward to the moment when you enter the FAB (family address book, of course).

3:24 PM  
Blogger mombar said...

Which is harder to get into--Harvard or the FAB?

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Deborah in the family address book? Estelle, it has been wonderful getting to know you, please continue to keep Christopher lively and on his toes, it is so funny to watch.

3:44 PM  
Blogger cynthia said...

I heard you have to write a stellar essay before getting accepted into the FAB. ..... FELICITATIONS a Estelle et Chris! I'm so happy we'll be able to make it to Lille in March, and hopefully my French won't be too rusty!

7:20 PM  
Blogger cynthia said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:20 PM  
Blogger cynthia said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Papa, aka Don said...

Well Cynthia, the FAB is an operation with STANDARDS!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Ned Bastow said...

Let me add my welcome to Estelle. I know you will add a lot to the family, as well as to Chris's happiness. Believe me, I know how hard it is to get into the FAB!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Wow, I believe this is a record for quantity of comments on a post!

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home