Monday, October 30, 2006

The birthday lady in the backyard, with the new bird feeder


IMG_0565
Originally uploaded by Papa, aka Don.
I don't mean to bump Elizabeth's superb Washington photography down a notch, but I thought it was about time to show the blog readers that the backyard bird feeder has come into its own. It was installed on Saturday, near to our stone Aslan, who will now perhaps enjoy some company from other members of the animal kingdom. If you click on the photo, I believe it will take you to the series of seven I took this morning. They all show the backyard in early autumn. I call it early because few leaves have fallen as yet.

Meanwhile, kudos to Andrew for knocking off the 10K race with such ease, and to Elizabeth, Chris, Jean-Cedric, and Deborah for providing the essential family support to our athlete. Great photos, Elizabeth. It must have been a beautiful day in Washington.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

The yard landscape looks good! I'm sure it will really fill out in the next couple of years, but you can that its bones are good.

The red boule looks pretty too. Glad you like it.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home