Sunday, April 01, 2007

Cherry Blossom

Hullo, all. Today Christopher made his triumphant return to road racing in the Cherry Blossom 10 Mile run. Deborah and I repaid Christopher's support during my 10k by going down to the finish line and cheering him and Estel on (which he did not hear). I believe that his time was 1:10:51 which is stellar. I would like to add that that is in fact faster than my 10K time. Luckily I beat Estel, who finished around 1:25:00, also stellar. The blossoms are in full bloom and it was really pretty. After the run, we all went out to brunch with Christopher's friends who also ran. Very nice morning.

The new job is wonderful and my time at the old job is OVER. Yey for weekends.

3 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Since it's the Cherry Blossom run do you sip sake while watching? While running too? That's what we do for Cherry Blossoms at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden.

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, no sake sipping. I did one time read a funny article about it though. In Japan, during the cherry blossom time, you have a picnic, drink sake gently, and think existensially. In DC (home to the second largerst festival o' cherry blossoms) this is not allowed. For one, Americans do not know how to drink and stay calm and two because they would fall in the tidal basin.

2:55 PM  
Blogger mombar said...

We have a Canadian friend who, while he was living and working in Japan, was invited to attend one of those sake-sipping-cherry blossom-contemplation events. It was all businessmen. I think he would have rather been at a baseball game!

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home