Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Thank You

First of all, I would like to say Happy Halloween to the family. I am going as an old man, because I am sore and hobbling around, complaining about my stiff knees. What is everyone else going as?

I want to thank everyone for their support running up to the race. Get it? "Running" up to the race? Seriously though, thank you to Elizabeth and Jean Cedric for trekking down to watch, even though Christopher was not able to run. Luckily, I ran slow enough to stretch out the event. Elizabeth, thank you for waking up so early and accompyning me down to the race. You are a great coach and motivator and there was lots of silliness to keep it lighthearted. Christopher, thank you for the motivation to get the whole thing started. I think overall, the project has been the best decision I have made in DC. My favorite quote from Christopher this weekend was right after the race. He is giving me a big hug and tells me, "Next time, we will train a little harder and more consistently and get that time down."

An extra special thanks to Deborah. I have never seen somebody so supportive. In the grand scheme, the race was a small feat, but Deborah realized how important it was and supported me like I was running across country. She was a gracious host of my family (for the second time) and made an amazing dinner on Saturday, took time to drive people around, and introduced Lizzie and JC to her parents. After the race, Deborah was there to make sure I drank enough water and again treated me like I had completed the marathon. I am extremly touched by the love and support and she means everything to me.

I apologize for the long post, but I was very happy this past weekend. Thank you, family. Thank you, Deborah. I am not sure what comes next, but the energy at these events is amazing. I am considering a ten miler, there is the Cherry Blossom run in the spring. Deborah and I are also considering a 100 mile bike ride, but we will see. Please check out Elizabeth's photos, there are some good ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home