Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Interesting Article

Life here in DC can be very busy and rushed, as our most of our lives. Congrats to all the people who have retired. There was an interesting article in the Washington Post that speaks to our busy lives in a sad way and our unfamiliarity with the classical arts, also in a sad way. Here is the link.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/04/AR2007040401721.html?referrer=emailarticlepg

I bet if it had been the latest American Idol winner, more people would have stopped. I wonder which members of the fam would have stopped? Would they recognize the performer or the music?

2 Comments:

Blogger mombar said...

Well, if I had been there, I probably would have just walked by but, I had only gotten to the third paragraph of the article when I guessed that the violinist was Joshua Bell!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Papa, aka Don said...

I don't know if Joshua Bell has ever recorded the Bach Chaconne, but I think I'll try to find it somewhere. Anyway, this is a great story, with a rather sad message to convey. Perhaps it's a comment on Washington itself.

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home